An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Meddling new Girlfriend

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZMOM

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Meddling new Girlfriend Reply with quote

My ex's new girlfriend who is now pregnant i might add has a mother comlpex with my child. Yesterday she decided she was going to make my son a dr's appt w/out my knowledge. They told her to call back today so she did and made him an appt for the morning. She called me 30 min before his appt and left a mssg on my cell (they have my work #) She informed me that she made him an appt and that his father would not be attending and was letting me know. Mind you my son was born premature and has had breathing problems since birth. he is now 4. I take his medical care very seriously. She made an appt w/ someone other than his normal dr and took him herslef. my point is it's not her place to be seeking or authorizing medical treatment for my son. They new Mon night that they were going to sched him an appt for Tues and made no effort to reach me in time. I'm upset with the Dr's office for allowing this because she is not an authorized medical decision maker. What should i do? Who should be held responsible? This is not the first incident where she has made decicions that were not in her authority. The two of them conspire this crap to get to me and w/out going into great detail..ihave all the proof neccessary to prove that so let me say that I am not jealous. Does anyone else have issues with a meddling new girlfriend? I could really use someone to vent to who can sympathize with my situation. PS we have a court appointed advisor
nancio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your ex just trying to cover his butt for custody? In Wisconsin one of the 16 'factors' used to deside placement include 'who is responsible for the childs medical treatment'. You obviously have been the one taking your son to the Doctor in the past, but now, with dads (or girlfriend) involvement in Health issues, that may cancel out your involvement. I hope that makes sence. My ex also tried to cover all areas the court appointed attorney & the Judge looked for in deciding custody. He did this after filing for divorce and it worked for him. Don't overlook anything that a parent in a custody situation could do, anything goes. Beware. Dad has a new family, baby on the way, a girlfriend who is able to take your place. Never give up, keep your eyes open and best wishes. -Nanci
AZMOM

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice. One of the things I fought for was final say in medical matters and I was granted that given his past history of neglect. For example my son sustained a third degree burn while at his fathers house and he didn't seek medical attention. The dr.s were concerned of possible nerve damage. That was when he was 2. More recently he had the GF keep my son home from daycarebecause he was sick. When I calledto check on him during the day because I thought he was going to be there, he was at work and said he had talked to her and my son was fine, no fever no sore throat nothing. I go to pick him up that night and the moment I get him in the car i check his temp 103.5!! and he had a lesion in the back of his throat which i did point out to her. She is supposedly going to school to be a nurse and she can't tell when a kid has a high fever!! She was holding him when I drove up to the house! I could tell as soon as I touched him! So this idiot who has no legal guardianship and can't tell when a kid has a fever, who thinks she super mom, is now taking my kid and seeking medical care. I'm sure that has to violate some law/rule HIPPA or otherwise. I'll be calling the dr office today to find out if this is common practice to allow just anyone to authorize treatment. I'm not sure if he's trying to cover his butt, he may be. But if he is I don't think he did a very good job by saying he had to work and sending her when I could have taken him with no problem. considering his past actions...I don't think this behavior will shine well. I guess I'll find out. I'm requesting a meeting with the advisor ASAP. Thanks again and wish me luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: