An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

relocation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gigi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: relocation Reply with quote

Hi anyone have experience with relocation???
The dad and I were never married, we broke up
over a year ago. paternity never established. he did give me some support not court ordered. I want to go where my support system, ie family, friends are. I have told him he is very irrational first telling me we will work something out then the total opposite, now he are negotiating and it looks like it will happen.
however I am scared that he will change his mind at the last minute and slap an emergency order that I can't leave until custody etc determined.
He does not want to go to court of so he says, I can legally leave when I want but could not do that to my daughter. the father is actively involved not many overnights because she is only
1 1/2. any advice or experience with this?

Thanks
RENE124

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know in New Jersey even if the father dosen't have visitation you still need a court order to leave the state with a child. Make sure you have a lawyer draw up papers to sign so he dosen't charge you with kidnapping.
Barb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gigi
If no parernity is established, I see no reason why you can't leave and go where you want. If you can legally leave but don't want to what is your question?

Barbara
Wisconsin
mamanot kidding

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he needs to signe a paper allowing you to transport the child over the stale line. it has to be notorised. if he does that, you can go and keep that paper safe you will need it.
arizonamom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in az. I have a 6 year old boy and 4 year old daughter. My son is very difficult for me alone to take care of. Always in trouble at home and school. His dad parents where going to take custody because his dad was not exactly responsible and has a history of drug addiction.In order for them to do this they needed his permission. Well he has stepped up to the plate and is going to let me have full custody of our daughter and I will let him have full custody of our son. but he won't do this unless I sign a document that says that I will not leave the state of az without his consent. He knows that I do not want to live here and I also have a long distace relationship I would like to pursue. This is very controlling of him and I don't know what to do. If I do nothing he will want to pursue joint custody and I definitly do not want my girl in his enviroment. He is not very tidy and doesnt know how to cook, eats fast food all the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: