An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sons father wanting change in custody cuz I have a boyfriend

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lilcaligirl

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: sons father wanting change in custody cuz I have a boyfriend Reply with quote

My ex -husband is a Christian, had has very strong family values. My son is 26 months, I have had full custody since I left him, when my son was only 9 mo. old. NOW, he has re-married, and he lives 2000 miles away, I have full physical custody, he has visitation every other month for 2 weeks, he has decided now he wants full custody. He has filed for it, he reasons on a change of custody is because he is re-married now, 4 weeks after our divorce was final, to a Christian girl (not women) who is 12 yrs younger with 3 children, when I say girl, I mean 24 yrs old with 3 kids from ALL DIFFERENT FATHERS. he thinks my son can be rasied better with them, because they are married, and my son would be cared for by his family, during the day, instead of being in a pre-school. WRONG! My ex lives in the south, a bible belt state, that doesnt really believe in sex before marriage, and he now says how WRONG it is for my son to be staying the night at my boyfirend of 10 months, the only other guy who has been in my sons life. He thinks thts wrong, because me and my boyfriend are not married. My son has his own bedroom at my boyfriends, my boyfriend is the same age as me, 34, and is not trying at all to take my sons father place. I dont know anything about this type of situation, I have a GREAT job, live in the best neighborhood, my son is in a great pre-school, will the court take into consideration that im a single mom who has a boyfriend, and the child is around him, will they look at that as a bad thing? Could they take my son from me?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: