An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Score one for the girls:-)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Sole Custody
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dw97420

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Score one for the girls:-) Reply with quote

UPDATE: Although my hubby won temp custody of our daugther. We just recently went to court. I was awarded Soul permanent custody of our daughter. My hubby made the mistake of having his girlfriend testify for him. The judge did not like her at all. He also had his Mother testify. She lied, lied, lied. Then my hubby got on the stand and made his mom and girlfriend look completely stupid by saying exactly opposite what they said. My lawyer said my hubby was my best witness. Anyway girls a month before the trial I went to mediation. If I had signed the mediated agreement he would have gotten soul custody. But I thought I would take my chances with court. A week before court his lawyer threatened me by saying I should sign the agreement because they were going to win. But instead I took my chances and won. The moral of the story is "Don't give up even if you feel like there is no hope. Keep fighting for your children." Mother's Unite
katysmom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY!! This is so great because I am going through trying to win back sole custody even though my ex has a temporary order!!! Hooray for every little thing that can give scared mothers hope!
barbara

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dw97420

Best news I've had in a long time. Thank you for sharing. I'm lookoing forward to the day when we begin to hear alot more of this.
In Jefferson county Wisconsin, Judge Jacqueline Erwin barrs evidence if it's against the so called "father".
Hooray for you and your daughter, God has smiled upon you.
Barbara
Wisconsin
Mothers Unite!
Watcher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great victory! What state are your from? I am looking for a good lawyer in the Augusta, Georgia area to handle an appeal just received from the ex. Wish me luck!
dw97420

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in Oregon. I found an awesome attorney through word of mouth.
myzima2000

State or Province: South Carolina

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is so awesome dw yea always go with your first instinct and gut feeling i am so glad for you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Sole Custody All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: