An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post Natal Depression, Is it a crime???????????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Moms with Custody
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poonam

State or Province: Not Applicable

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Post Natal Depression, Is it a crime??????????? Reply with quote

The social services got involved im my life when i was pregnant last year in may. On september 4th 2005 i gave birth to a beautifull baby girl, she was born four weeks early. i had alot of problems in my pregnancy such as bleeding, stress, domestic violence, family & financial difficulties which didnt help. A few months later i attempted suicide twice & so did my daughters father once. The second time i was in hospital they took my baby away, the social worker wouldnt even let me say goodbye to my little baby. This was in november last year & they still wont give me custody. I never knew that post natal depression was a crime:( I have proven everything to them since, they just dont want me to have my baby.
Oliviasmom

State or Province: Arizona

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is only a crime when you put other people in danger.

There is treatment for post pardom depression, did you talk to your DR about it?

You tried to take your life twice, who would have taken care of the baby if you would have succeeded in killing yourself?

Do you have an attorney? Perhaps legal aid can help.

I think you need to focus on getting back on your own 2 feet. You are going to need to prove yourself a responsible parent.

Do you have a job? A stable place to live?

Has paternity been established with the father? He can also ask for custody.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Moms with Custody All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: