An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rights been violated?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meli's mom

State or Province: Indiana

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Rights been violated? Reply with quote

Tell me if this doesn't sound like my rights have been violated?

i went to a court hearing in October. i was given 2 choices in regards to establishing paternity with my daughter & my ex boyfriend.

1. Admit that he was the father that day.
2. Pay for DNA testing.

& if i didn't do neither of those 3 things he would automaticaly be named as father anyhow.

i chose 2 because i was afraid he would get rights to my daughter right away. i've never had to go through kind of thing so i didn't know what to expect.

i later called my attorney and said i would go ahead & admit that he was the father in court, because i couldn't afford the DNA test. His attorney tried to say that the test was only about $199, but i know they are close to a $1000.
So i feel that i was forced into establishing paternity with a man that has really never been a part of my daughters life. & it looks to me as if any
man can come in off the street & say he's a child's father & automatically get rights to that child & there's not much mothers can do about it!
Another thing that happened at the same hearing was that he was allowed to testify & i was not given the oppurtunity.

Peace & God Bless
Angie[/i][/b]
KatherineI

State or Province: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's too bad you didn't get a chance to talk.

I think that is a really important thing. I don't know why judges don't let more Moms speak.

I had the same issue at my custody hearing.

No talk just listening.
Meli's mom

State or Province: Indiana

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Hello KatherineI Reply with quote

Hi! What is the deal anyway, don't we mother's have rights to our children anymore. We are the one's that carry them for 9 months & then go through the labor pains to have them. Then sometimes nurse them at our breasts afterwards. Why is the courts not allowings us the mother's to testify? It's happened to 2 of us. i wander if it's happened to anyone ells. Not wanting to sound nosey, but where are you from and was the outcome of your case in your favor or did it go the other way?

God Bless
Angie :0)[/i][/b]
joanna jones

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: need some advice Reply with quote

I am currently in a custody battle for the 3rd time... my ex will not stop . I have had 50/50 last year and this year he has gotten more!! I do not understand how this happens... I am a great Mom. He is grasping at straws even using CPS at the last minute and I have passed all of their test and jumped all of their hoops so to speak. However, the Judge seems to think he deserves custody of the chidlren even though I have had 5 people in court with me to his 2 ( his mother and nanny) I am confused. I do not even have standard custody at this time. because of his cps crap I am left with appealing and spending a ton of money that I do not have on an attorney... HELP?? Any advice?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: