An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help with Custody

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Melissa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Need help with Custody Reply with quote

My son is 3 years old and while i was married to his father he was using drugs around my son and myself. I let this go on for sometime because i always had faith that he would grow up and change for the better of my marriage and our son. Now i have filed for divorce and i want full custody. While going through this horriable battle he is accusing me of using meth and speed but only has his friends that are drug dealers, with proof behind that, that i did which is a complete lie. I need help of what i can get against him to make my having my son the better alternative. He is lying to get custody and my son has been with me since day one. I have worked 2-3 jobs to support all of us and now am trying to be punished for not spending time with my son because i was the only one with an income. Can he do this and what do I need to do to protect my son and myself. I need all information. I love my son dearly and i am worried that since i stayed in that situation that i will be a bad mother. I moved out twice in my marriage and everytime he said he quit... Please help me
marina

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear Melissa.
your husband will need proof of you using drugs. and you will need proof of you not using drugs. drugs stay in your system for a long time and if you have records of blud work, it will show if you were using or not. Min while you should probably file for protection against him on the bacesof him using drugs and indengering you and the child. if you know he is using, call the police and file a report. Dont loose you child becouse of his mistakes and doo all poceble to protect yourcelfe. if you report him, you are only protecting yourcelf and your child.

good lock!
melissas

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to update:

I hired a GAL and was givin full custody of my son on a temp bases until the final trial. He also failed both UAs and lied to a judge under oath so that is against him now too. Of course i passed mine with flying colors and was givin my son. His father has him 2 days a week under supervision and so far it is working good. We go back to court in Jan for the final and hopfully everything will work out. Thanks for the support and i will keep you updated!
Also my husband(current) and i are expecting a baby this March! who knew!

Melissa
marina

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cogratulation on your expecting a baby and in regards to your custody sucsess. hope all will go smooth in January and hope you get all you deserve. Good lock and keep us posted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: