An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just wanted to share some good news.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meli's mom

State or Province: Indiana

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Just wanted to share some good news. Reply with quote

Hi all just wanted to share with all that i was granted full custody of my daughter. i do have a few questions regarding this though. Can i leave the state legally and do i have to allow my ex boyfriend to have visitation rights. He has had no contact with my daughter since she was 2 months old she is now 4 & he has also made threats to steal her.
Thanx & God Bless
Meli's Mom Very Happy [/i][/b]
sarahg321

State or Province: Other

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WELLDONE AND CONGRATULATIONS.Its really nice to hear about good outcomes.It depends where your from.i posative you dont need your ex permission.if you have full custody that should mean you have a 'residency order' which means he would get into trouble for taking your child if he did.But i would as your solicitor in confidence and if you are thinking of moving away i would do it now while the going good because you dont see many outcome for the women in the courtroom.
jlo3039

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going through the same thing right now. I have recently posted a page about that. I just wanted to ask you what all you brought up in court because I have no idea what I need to be prepared for. My baby's dad has ben trying to be around, somewhat, but he has never helped me out financially at all, I mean not even a pack of diapers. And he's not on the birth certificate, so I am not really sure what I need to do. He has not so much made threats to keep her as he has made threats to me and my family. My mom says that I do not have anything to worry about because he has a background. He has been in jail several times and he was on probation for a year for assault to an officer and running from the cops. Do you think I should be worried?
myzima2000

State or Province: South Carolina

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be cautious becuase you never know how the judge will rule. but if i were you i would get documentation by either writing things down in a log book or if he leaves you threatening messages find a way to record them so you can use them if you have to then if you are able to get a good custody lawyor find someone you can trust i know i had to go through this when i had to get supervised visitation for my son and luckly things worked out my ex husband failed his drug test really bad but always be aware never drop your guard and trust only the people you know you can trust too if you do have some one who can write an affadavide on your behalf then that is always a plus my ex husband's ex girlfriend wrote a four page affadivade for me on his drug use and how my son went with him to get drugs and all of this stuff and it helped me a lot especially when he failed his drug test whether or not it was true or not i dont care because it made it seem true since he failed the drug test with pot and crack and cocaine and excessive alcohol use good luck you should be fine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: