An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

father signing over rights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Custodial Mothering Today
View previous topic :: View next topic  
motherof2

State or Province: Virginia

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: father signing over rights Reply with quote

has anyone elese had the same problem as me please answer
Oliviasmom

State or Province: Arizona

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are remarried and your husband is willing to adopt, then this can probably be done. This is not a do it yourself project though, and you will need to see an adoption attorney.
alexis enter

State or Province: Illinois

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to take away the rights away from my kids father because he is a deadbeat. what should I DO?
MaryM

State or Province: New Jersey

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do know a couple that the mother re-married and the father gave up his rights allowing to the new husand to adopt the child. He did it so he would not have to pay child support any more.

Many mothers on this board would give up any rights to child suport if the father would give up his rights. Unless both parents are working together and sharing in the finanical needs -- it may be better to take any opportunitiy to get full rights of your child. It could save much heart ache for you later.

A simple visit with a lawyer could tell you your rights.
Oliviasmom

State or Province: Arizona

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Depends... Reply with quote

You cannot terminate rights unless you are remarried and your husband is willing to adopt. How is he a deadbeat? Regardless, unless you are remarred, the termination is not going to happen.
lucky12406

State or Province: Missouri

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 6 month old baby boy and his father is worthless. He is in to just having his son for show. When he is around Gabe which is hardly ever, my son always crys when he holds him and doesn't want to be around him. Colt (father) always yells and screams at me for nothing and gets frusterated with Gabe if he doesn't do something right like putting rings onto a stand in the corrent order. HE IS 6 MONTHS OLD let me remind you. I want him to give up rights because he is worthless. I don't know how to bring it up to him? Can someone help?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Custodial Mothering Today All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: