An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WHY DOES THE SYSTEM ALLOW A CUSTODY ISSUE GO ON FOR 5 YRS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Custodial Mothering Today
View previous topic :: View next topic  
californiamom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: WHY DOES THE SYSTEM ALLOW A CUSTODY ISSUE GO ON FOR 5 YRS Reply with quote

Please tell me why would a Judge allow a X husband and a stinky lawyer to keep harrassing Me.??? I was recently asked in a Depo, Ms.--Is it true that you were tapped in a chair in first grade...I am 40 what the hell does that have to do with me now??? Yes I said, I felt my pencil was never sharp enough..LOL
DebW97459

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there should be a limit on how many times an ex-hubby can take you to court over custody. I have been 5 times now. And I have to drive 25 miles to get to the court house. I think men will find any reason to make you look unbalanced, even something that happened to you in the first grade. It sounds like your X has to much time on his hands if he is bringing up such irrelevant sh*t.
californiamom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES A MAN WITH A BIG EGO TOO.LOL YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY..sjknable@hotmail.com..Love to chat and how do you do it? I have gainned 20 lbs meds and zits..But I have won...Blah
DebW97459

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gained about 20 pounds too with all the stress the X has put me thru.
slbennett1025@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi DebW97459 and californiamom, yes, my situation has been on going for 8 years. There should be a limit but their goal is to keep gas in the golf carts of these boneheaded attorney's and lawyers to boast around in their little country clubs. Make no mistake about it, they wear mothers down emotionally, financially, mentally and physically as though our relationships with our ex's weren't enough punishment. We need to unite. GOD bless you and good luck and don't worry about the weight, everything will work itself out in good time. Contact me at slbennett1025@yahoo.com. Thx.
KirasMommy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm feeling everyone's pain myself. I'm new to this board, but not to some of the mothers who post here....hey Susan!

I have gained alot of weight myself and everyone always asks me if I'm pregnant! If that's not bad enough, they will ask me what did I just have, a boy or a girl? It gets to me sometimes, but you learn to deal with it. I cannot lose it, God knows I've tried, because it's stress-related fat. So you learn to live....

My custody battle has been going on for over 3 years now, and we are about to go to court once again. Hang in there and God Bless! Denise
californiamom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got out of court, and eviction notice and no money to pay rent tomorrow. I have used all my money and parents have helped over 100 grand..The *&%# is still at it. This is very hard and I am powerless over it and this is the worst that I have felt..How the hell am I supposed to be "stable", when he and his lawyer go on and on.
Eviction was supposed to be me giving notice as my neighbor accorss hates me...
Happy thoughts to you ladies and if you feel like talking..please sjknable@hotmail.com.
Do the tears ever end and how are we suppose to be around our children?? Normal?YEAH
DebW97459

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't give up. Remember "This too shall pass". And the tears do eventually end. February 16th last year I was in total despair. I had no place to live, no money, no job, my car was about ready too die, my hubby left me for my friend, I was extremely ill and in need of an emergency hysterectomy, I had no idea how I was going to pay for a surgery and my hubby got temp custody of our daugther by lying to the courts. I thought I had died and gone to hell and that God hated me. I tried to kill myself the night of Feb. 16th. And woke up in the ICU a few hours later wanting to do nothing but live. Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom to realize how precious life is and how much you have too live for. Hang in there. And if possible find someone to talk too. I go to a womens group every Tuesday. It helps me to get through the hard times being able to find support from the women in my group. And talking to women that have been through the same things I am going through and have overcome them.

You are not alone.
slbennett1025@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Denise,

This is for DebW97459 and californiamom, Life is HARD, without a shadow of a doubt. I come from the generation of the Flintstones, Jetsons, Leave It to Beaver and I Love Lucy. I remember being a child how bad I just wanted to "grow up" and becoming a lady of the 80's, mothers always had their children. I really never wanted marriage, just a child and then I got my wish, I was given two beautiful daughters, of course along with a Ding Dong Head.
Sometimes our pain is so unbearable (Ha! Child birth was a piece of cake compared to the constant torment we go thru nowadays). It's so scary because of all the diseases, the slander, no jobs, no compassion, always being ridiculed and questioned with stupid comments, "well, good mothers don't lose custody of their children, you must have done something wrong". I was really falling for the BS but I know better. I was NOT perfect but I did the very best I could and still try to. I know we feel like GOD leaves us in our most time of need, but HE is there. Sometimes it's a test of faith, a hard test! I know we all feel like giving up, at least I do because sometimes it's so hard to cope and then to constantly have to keep going thru it. It will take time but I am bound and determined that we will get the laws to turn around and we WILL get our children back. You are NOT alone. Unfortunately this is getting worse and worse but someday it's going to backfire on them. Just remember PUSH (pray until something happens).
Feel free to email me anytime. Susan
californiamom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KirasMommy ~~~HEY WRITE sjknable@hotmail.com
We shall start some club!!!!Keep the faith..AS I laugh
PJPESMOMMA

State or Province: Washington

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have been going through a custody battle for 4 years now. both of my daughters were taken from me. my oldest was taken when she was a year old and my youngest was taken when she was only 3 months old. they made me out to be a bad mother in court looked down on me because i had no family around and was on welfare. they took the word of 4 strangers and never actually looked in to the aligations. but i still lost my children. but yet resently i have found out that the father of my girls has had cps called on him for physical and emotional abuse and child neglect. child services investigated came up with no evidence except for that his parenting skills were questionable. i live out of state and fly out to see my girls every 3 to six months. due to funding its hard to get out there. my husband is now being dragged into the battle and they are being even more difficult. the father of the girls is an acoholic and was abusive towards me. he has threatened me, tried to bribe me and has refused to let me speak to the girls on the phone. in the beginning of all of this he told the judge point blanck he didnt want anything to do with my oldest daughter he was only fighting me for custody because his parents told him too. he then told me that he would let me have my oldest if i let him keep the youngest. i have gained 75 pounds in the past 6 months and have been put on anti-depressents and mood stabalizers. i am at my wits end. i am emotionally drained and i dont know how much more emotional stress. i keep fighting becasue i could never forgive myself if i gave up. any advice from anyone is appreciated
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Custodial Mothering Today All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: