An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how can we get full custody back

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Joint Custody
View previous topic :: View next topic  
angelhurley

State or Province: Tennessee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: how can we get full custody back Reply with quote

i have a 8 year old daughter who hates goin to her dads. she cries ever time she has to go. i felt sorry for him when we got divorced and gave him joint custody so his child support would not be that high. now i wish i had never done it. we also made the aggrement that with joint custody he only got her ever other weekend. he recently got remarried last june and now has a 2 month old baby. what can i do to help my child. or how can i get full custody of my child back? please help me !!!!!!!!!!! Crying or Very sad
jacimaeb

State or Province: Oklahoma

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is he having her half the time? How often does he get her. If he was only given every other weekend then she does not have to go there more often.
angelhurley

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no she is actually suppose to go for 7 day then i get her 7 days then repeat. but we agreed that he just get her ever other weekend cause the way he works. but she dont want to go at all. that is what im talking about.i have a hard time to get her to go with out leaving her cring. she does not like her stepmother at all. which her stepmother was her 1st. grade school teacher. right after she came out of first grade they got married.
jacimaeb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I understand now. Sounds like it is so sad to make her go. But unless he agrees to even less I don't know what you could do though. Personally if you could afford it at all you need to go back to court and get full custody so you can get help with child support. Also does her dad try to comfort her when she is so upset about going? Can you talk to him about it to get his prospective to know where to go from there? Maybe she just needs one over night every other weekend.
I am sorry this is happening.
angelhurley

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the thing is she loves her dad its nothing to with him i dont think its all about the stepmom and the new baby. he just spends more time with them when she is there that she dont want to go. 3 weeks ago when she was there all he done was fenced. this past weekend he left her with her stepmom and the baby while he went to the fair.
jacimaeb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he isn't going to spend time with her then he shouldn't make her go. What kind of deal is that for her? I would tell him that she wants to visit him but if he doesn't want to visit her then maybe she should stay at home. She will grow to really resent him for making her leave her mom to stay with a stepmom when all she really wants is some time with her dad.
That is sad. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Joint Custody All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: