An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

going to court in a few weeks and have some questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Support Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaraB

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: going to court in a few weeks and have some questions Reply with quote

I am going to court soon over child support. I heard that you get 20% of their income. Well what if they dont' hardly make a dime or they quit working? Then what happens? Can I have his parental rights terminated? I dont' see how they only have to pay that little amount. When I have to work my butt of to just make ends meet. I finish my 4 year degree soon and will probally not make all that much starting out and 20% of his income won't cut it AT ALL. Also, what usually happens in these court meetings? Thanks so much!
MomSabah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what state?
Flairdd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they don’t make hardly a dime, you get your 20% of that dime. If they quit you don’t get anything but the order is still in affect so it goes in arrears. If they get laid off then it is up to them to go to the courts and file a motion telling them they get unemployment or what not so they can lower support. When and if they get a new job he will have to provide Friend of the court with the information. By law the payee has to tell them with in 30 days when there is a change in job..however they usually don’t just to prolong paying CS. The more information you have about your ex the better.As far as what happends…It depends. If there are attnys involved you may come to an agreement…if not there should be a formula that your state uses to go by on how much they have to pay you. Keep in mind Child support and Child Care are two different things. Your ex will probably have to pay half of the child care bill Good luck with your court date!
MISS PONTIAC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WELL I WILL TELL U ALOT OF PEOPLE CHOSSE TO GET POOR PAYING JOBS DUE TO THE FACT THEY NO THEY R GONNA HAVE TO PAY CS. BUT LET THEM DO THERE SLICK SHIH CAUSE IT DONT MATTER.IT IS UP TO US TO KEEP UP ON HOW MUCH THEY MANK R THEY WORKING UNDER THE TABLE EVERYTHING.I BEEN RECEIVEN CS FOR 5 YEARS AN I BEEN ON HIS PAY LIKE FLYS ON SH*T. IF HE AINT MAKING NOITHING NOW WHEN HE DOES GOT INTO UR FRIEND OF THE COURT OFFICE AN REQUEST A PAYMENT INCREASE. KEEP ON GOING IN AS HE MAKES MORE MONEY AN THE COURTS WILL GET U AN UR CHILD WHAT THEY HAVE COMING TO THEM DONT FORGET TO SKK FOR CHILD CARE EXPENSES EVERY THING. NOT BEING GREEDY JUST KEEPING UP WITH WHAT IS LAWFULLY OUR CHILDRENS AN IT DOESNT HURT NO ONE BUT THEM CAZ U NO WORK U STILL HAVE TO PAY OR GO TOO JAIL SO IT IS THERE DECISION
MISS PONTIAC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHEN IT COMES TO U WORKING THEY WILL ASK U HOW IS UR KIDS CHILD CARE COST LET THEN NO AN THEY WILL STILL COME UP WITH GREAT FIGURES FOR U AN WHEN THEY MAKE THE JUGDEMENT HE IS STILL TO PAY THAT AMOUNT LIKE THEM NO ALL THE BILLS U HAVE TO PAY FOR UR KIDS ON A MONTH TO MONTH BASCI STORT,FOOD SHELTHER ECT..

PRAY HE DOESNT COME CAZ THEY TEND TO GIVE U MORE
GOOD LUCK AT COURT
myzima2000

State or Province: South Carolina

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know when i had to go do my child support we both had to fill out financial statements but if i were you be sure to get your payments going through the courts where he has to pay the courts and then the courts send you a check this way you dont have to keep up with the money and if he gets behind the courts will rule him in for not complying with the court order i had my ex ruled in about four different times and the last time he did three month in jail and he got out his boss was garnishing his wages for a little bit but then he stopped and he just paid when every he felt like it and now we are going back to court march 1 but the courts wont make him give up his rights unless he does it himself good luck
tina

State or Province: South Carolina

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the absent parent in our situation was ordered to pay 20% of min. wage even though she didnt have a job.. she still hasnt paid a dime of it but its building up and she will get caught one day and when she does she is going to face the it. but nope we dont get anything cause she isnt paying it but... what can you do?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Support Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: