An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ladies I need some help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Support Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasons_dad009

State or Province: Ohio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Ladies I need some help Reply with quote

Hello, My name is Shawn. I am happily married to my wife Brandi for almost 6 years. We have 3 amazing children, Jason 7 1/2, Trevor 4 1/2, and Makayla 3. There are no resources out there that I have found for my situation and I was hoping that someone here could point me in the right direction.

In January of 1999 my then wife Christi and I had a beautiful baby boy named Jason with Downs Syndrome. We separated when he was a month old and I have had custody of him since he was 2 months old. Our divorce and custody battle lasted 10 months and when it was all said and done, she had to pay CS and was granted 2 hrs a day/2 days a week of professionally supervised visits which she has never exercised.

Jason is now 7 and a half and she has not seen him since he was 10 months old. She is $25,000 behind in support and the last I knew 4 years ago was living in TX. I was in the military and was transferred out of WA to Germany than to Utah and now I have returned home to Ohio. The state of WA closed the case because of inactivity and havent been any help at all.

Is there any avenues outside of the state government that I can use?
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could reapply through your interstate office at your local family court in Ohio... take in your support order from washington, and give them all the information you have on your ex wife... if you have her social security number, the state will find her through her income taxes...

It is the best advice I can give.
tina

State or Province: South Carolina

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well to be honest to you well in the state of SC they wont go out of the state to try to find her.. we are having something this going on for us too.. good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Support Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: