An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tired and Afraid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Joint Custody
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kim_berly

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Tired and Afraid Reply with quote

I am a 22 year old single mother of one. I just recently became single in May of this year. My ex-boyfriend is the father of my child and unfortunately hasn't made it easy for me. I left due to him getting violent , the constant fighting, and the fact that he has no ambition in his life. On July 16 he took my son for the weekend and never returned him, i called numerous times , had the police get involved and yet I never heard from them. I left messages daily and even e-mailed him. He replied to the e-mail. When i finally contacted him at work he told me not to worry and that i'll see "his son when we go to court." Finally, on Aug. 11, 2006, the longest month in my life, we had our court date. Thank God I had a relatively good lawyer and i was able to get my son back along with temporary joint custody. Unfortunately, he is still making havic for me. I attend school Mon. thru Fri. and work Mon-Wed-Fri so I have little time to myself, yet alone research my rights as a mother. His father is fighting me for full custody, I love my little Noah more than life itself , yet i feel defeated by his Dad and his parents already. I know this is just the beginning and there is more to come. Can anyone please give me any advice on what to expect? I'm scared and exhausted. I'm tired of always fighting him. Somedays i just want to give up, but i know my little buddy depends on me right now.
Sterling

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my KIM, you poor thing. I would be devastated if what happend to you happend to me.

My only advice is don't give up!!!!!!!!

Come to my site for support if you ever need it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Joint Custody All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: