An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how come my ex has got away with not paying child support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Getting More Child Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
POISON-IVY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: how come my ex has got away with not paying child support Reply with quote

My ex has been left the home for nearly 10 years now, and is remarried. My children have never recieved any maintainence from him in all that time. I know on one occasion himself and his wife tranfered savings from their account into their childrens account so that they couldnt be traced. I am on benefits right now so I wouldnt benefit from it, but to me thats not the point, its the principle. Why should this man be able to afford 2 cars, many holidays per year, and not take any responsibility for the children he has here. I am at a loss what to do next, whether to keep pushing the CSA to keep an eye on him? Could anyone give me any infomation on this matter?
lynnmotherof two

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Don't know what state your in but try going to the attorney general of your state and file a complaint with them they will invesigate the mattter and possible give you a court date to go for child support. Do you have a court order for child support?
khamms

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped using the Attorney General and went to a private agency. They take a percentage of the support, but I wasn't getting any money and I did not have 5,000 to give a private attorney to sue my ex. They have a good website and BankOne has recently partnered up with them, so I guess they have been able to help other mothers. www.parentpower.com

The AG's office in Texas let my ex walk all over them for a long time.
barbiem59

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: poison-ivy Reply with quote

The only thing I can suggest is calling the District Attroneys office in you county. In my state, once the custodial parent calls the DA and files a child support order, they will start digging into his and his new wife's finances. Then you go to court, and the judge irons it all out. But, be careful once they; the courts start digging, he'll start pushing his right to visit your kids and then you have him and new mrs' raising your kids... I'm surprised that he hasn't been paying... there are many support agencies that go after the dead-beat dads, but they want to be paid... It seems like everyone gets something out of child support, except the children... Good luck to you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Getting More Child Support All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: