An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ens781

State or Province: Mississippi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Help Reply with quote

I have a custody case coming up on the 13 of november. My sons fatheris trying to get custody of him . I have 2 other children besides him. He says that I am mentally unstable because, of a cry for help. He says that I tried to comitt sucide and in all honestly I did not take any pills I just siad that I did so that I could get some help. They checked me out pumpped my stomach hospitalized me and sent me to a psychiatric hospital where they released me less than 24 hours later. I moved out of state and had another child and he is trying to get custody for me being mentally unstable is that possible or is there anything that I can do.
Oliviasmom

State or Province: Arizona

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you need an attorney.

You have 2 things working against you. You do sound like you possibly have some mental health issues. Also, you moved out of state. BAD IDEA. Why did you move? If you moved without the fathers permission that can be used against you in court.

You really need to see an attorney.
ens781

State or Province: Mississippi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

I already have an attorney that says that I need 10,000 to finish my case. I did not take any pills they did a blood test and determined that there was less than 2 tylenol in my system. Also I asked him for help with our son before I moved out of stated and he told me that he couldn't help with him because he had to many bills to take care of, what else was there for me to do?
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to say but he can force you to have to move back. If his child was born in the state, and you didn't get his permission to move, he can make you move back... if you refuse, he can take the child as the child's residence is the one he was born in...

Once you move, the new state doesn't become a resident state till the child has lived there 6 plus months, but only if you had permission to be in that state with the child... if you didn't, the state of residence will stay as the state the child was born in.

I am currently under a restraining order not to move my son out of the county of San Diego... I don't go to court till November 14th, where at that time, if his dad has not paid up all of his almost 3000 in arrears I am going to ask the judge to allow me to move home with my family in the state of PA... I need the judge to allow me...

And there is always help... why if he said he had to many bills to pay didn't you just take his *&%# to court for support...???? It may have taken a few months, but the courts don't care what bills he has to pay, the only things they would take into consideration are his taxes taken out of his check and if he has other children or alimony to support.

they would set a support order based on only those deductions, and garnish his wages and after they took the support out and sent it to you, it would be his problem to pay his bills on what he had left.

Telling a person you took pills is one thing, but you went to a hospital and told authorities you took them. I think there may be some mental issues there... if you needed help with the kids, why would you tell someone you took a bunch of pills to commit suiside? That really isn't a way to get money to help with your children.
Mickeymouse5472

State or Province: Utah

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

humm that is interesting, so if the father is not on the birth certificate and has nothing to do with the child do you still have to ask permission to move? I am planning on moving soon so just wondering?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: