An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dad's in another state and suing me for custody.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mkmkmom

State or Province: New York

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Dad's in another state and suing me for custody. Reply with quote

Can anyone help steer me in the right direction? I have an infant and recently broke up with her dad. I moved from FL to NY to get away from him because I don't think he's very stable. Today, I got served with custody papers. I know I need to find an attorney-but I don't know if I should hire one here in NY, or try to find one in Florida. Also, my funds are tight as I have three other children and I am not working yet. I am using my savings to pay rent and bills as it is. I certainly don't have money for an attorney. The father knows this, since he is not helping with the baby's asthma medications, diapers, or formula. I am questioning whether I should go back to Florida to fight this, and then return to NY; or, should I stay here and let my attorney do the work? Also, does anyone know how I can get an attorney? I don't qualify for Legal Aid in NY because my case is in Florida and I don't qualify for in Florida because I live in NY.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: