An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Am I going to loose my kids?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alissa

State or Province: New Jersey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Am I going to loose my kids? Reply with quote

My husband is a recovering heroin addict with only over 2 months clean. His girlfriend is also recovering. They moved to florida. He does not pay support and now he want to fight for custody. He is on supervised visits and want me to let the girls go down to see him for easter. I told him not until he straighten's everything out. So, he threatenedto tell the courts that I am an addict, which I am not nor have I ever been. I don't even drink. He also said he would sign guardianship over to his mother. Can he do this? Does anyone know? I don't think he has any grounds but, I could be wrong. He only calls for them once a week and is not consistent in there lives at all. The girls do not even ask for him.
myzima2000

State or Province: South Carolina

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless he has it in good with the judge i dont think he can just falsely accuse you of beening an addict the courts will make you take a drug test and if you pass it then he has lied to the courts i would document everything that goes on tell phone calls when he does not call if he misses a child support payment and if you have anyone that knows him and will stand against him befriend them they may be a good character witness on his character if he has supervise visitation he has to be clean for more than two months and then i dont think they will give him custody they may give him visitation back but i dont think they will give an addict custody but of course stranger things have happened just keep your head up and dont back down stand your ground and make sure you dont give him any amo to use against you good luck
Sterling

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, he can't do anything to you. Don't let him bully you. Tell him if he wants to try and take the kids away from you he will have to take you to court and you'd love to see him try. Don't send your kids to him ever or his mother or they might not send them home! Just keep away from the SOB!
jacimaeb

State or Province: Oklahoma

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way does he have a chance. I would not send them to him for any time at all either. He is only clean for 2 months. I would send him a certified letter that says he is welcome to come down and you will meet him at a McDonalds or somewhere, that way he can't tell a judge you keep them away and they will also be safe.
Good luck!
tina

State or Province: South Carolina

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah i wouldnt worry cause i dont think they will give him custody if he is on supervised visitation.. and did you know that if you let your kid go see this man and it not be supervised by you that he could throw that up in courts and that could make you look bad.. believe me i have already been there. so becareful!
STRONGER

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Am I going to loose my kids? Reply with quote

[quote="Alissa"]My husband is a recovering heroin addict with only over 2 months clean. His girlfriend is also recovering. They moved to florida. He does not pay support and now he want to fight for custody. He is on supervised visits and want me to let the girls go down to see him for easter. I told him not until he straighten's everything out. So, he threatenedto tell the courts that I am an addict, which I am not nor have I ever been. I don't even drink. He also said he would sign guardianship over to his mother. Can he do this? Does anyone know? I don't think he has any grounds but, I could be wrong. He only calls for them once a week and is not consistent in there lives at all. The girls do not even ask for him.[/quote]

My adivice to you is document everything..and always be one step ahead of him. If you haven't filled for custody. Do it before he does.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: