An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

anyone divorced with infant?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Mothers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blueeyes1

State or Province: Ohio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: anyone divorced with infant? Reply with quote

Hi I am new to this site and new to this whole thing. I am pursuing a divorce possibly but I have a 4.5 month old little girl that is my life. I just wondered if anyone else is in the same boat or has advice. I am so scared of being away from her over night or weekends and to feel the guilt when she needs her mommy and I cant be there for her. I want to stay married for her so that I am not away from her but that is the only reason. Any advice? I am the primary caretaker by far.. her dad is and will always be very involved and will fight for joint custody no matter what. I dont want her to be away from him I just know she is very attached to mommy because I care for her most often and I feel horrible that she wouldnt know where I am or would miss me. The holidays terrify me too... is it worth it?
Melonarchy

State or Province: Michigan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you breastfeed? Isn't there something that if you are a breastfeeding mother then the child cannot be away from mother overnight?

Don't quote me on that but it is worth looking into.
MommyHeather0507

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a divorced Mommy to my 16 month old daughter (have been since she was 4 months) and I share joint custody with her father. I breastfed my daughter for 7 months and in that time law said she was NOT to be away from me overnight. However even if you aren't breastfeeding you can put it in your divorce papers at what age you wish your child to be overnight with the father, he has to agree now but most of the time a man will if you aren't fighting for much else and he gets to see the child often as well.
I tried to get back with the father and it once again failed. I did it for my daughter but it left me pregnant with my second child, single and feeling so alone. So it is worth it to walk away when you know it's the right time to do so. It is REALLY hard to let your baby go stay weekends with Daddy but with time you realize it is good for their relationship and your own. It will give you a sense of being YOU again. I know what you're going through and how you feel because my daughter IS ME AND MY LIFE but I had to realize I NEED time for just me as well.
Please feel free to contact me ANYTIME!!
Best wishes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Mothers All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: