An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any advise on what Im entitled to?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Getting More Child Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freshlysinglemom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Any advise on what Im entitled to? Reply with quote

I have a 11month old and daddy could not live the family life no longer and left a couple months back. He has given me two checks so far for child support. But I have no idea what Im entitled to as child support. some telling me 20% some saying 22% but he makes commision so I never know what his checks are. And he is one that can not be tusted, But I know this, living w/him for the last year. He makes quite a bit of money. Im not a gold digger I have a full time job I just want whats right. I've tried to have civil discussions w/him but he is impossible to talk to and has been verbally abusive to me for months now. I've asked for help w/day care so I don't loose my job , I got a big NO on that! Also asked if he would consider putting our daughter on his health ins. and of course a big No on that. I don't know am I even entitled to any other kind of cs besides one lump sum a month? Some tell me yes. If not, I at least want to make sure Im getting what I should be getting. Iam grateful that he is paying something but I don't feel hes' being honest w/me. he seems to have a problem w/doing that. Should I get a lawyer?
sara

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is an ex-common law wife entitled to as far as child support? My sons father is in jail now, but he has never done anything for our son. He even asked me to pay him to babysit for me while I went to work. Where do I go for help and information? I'm in Louisiana.
lynnmotheroftwo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on what state it is that you live in you should contact a lawyer and get a free constultation and ask what the child support is for your state Or you might be able to try calling your attorney generals local office and they might be able to tell you what the child support is for your state.
Joyce

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The quickest way to intiate what needs to be done without being the bad person is to file for food stamps (it does'nt matter if you don't qualify or are turned down) in your State. The obligor is (usually father) then informed by the State that they (not you) are demanding child support from them because that is what law demands & requires of them. Do this for possible health insurnace coverage for the children, if nothing else; the State is (already) well aware of your many difficulties.
Guidelines, already in place, will strongly determine how much (eventual) child support obligations will be; finanical resources of both parents, children's medical & childcare expenses, availibility & cost of health/medical insurance, parenting time, excetera, are usually considered & all taken into account. An attorney always helps.
hannah06

State or Province: Other

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know what state your in..replying to the first post, but theres somethng called working tax credits and/or child tax credits and they pay the majority of the child care.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Getting More Child Support All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: