An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I really do need advice right now?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marijj1013

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: I really do need advice right now? Reply with quote

I have a two year daughter now and two year’s ago I was involved with the wrong guy and was pregnant by him. We broke up and he was sent to jail for being in crime that some one was killed and caught with weapons. My daughter was 6 months when I met this great guy and he wanted to be part of my daughter’s life and we decided to put him on the birth certificate. I married after his name was put on the birth certificate. He been great ever since. My daughter' s dad went to jail for two year's and was never part of her life. He was released from jail and recently popped up at my mother's house asking for his daughter in a very bad temper with his whole family. Can he take custody of my child to get visitations rights? I want nothing to do with him or my daughter, she has a great father now and he has been in her life since she was 6 months. He doesn't know what to do and he is scared he might loose her. What can I do to keep him a way? Is there any thing I can do? Please help? :?:
myzima2000

State or Province: South Carolina

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i were you i would ask you new husband to adopted your daughter you can go to the family court i dont know what it all involves but that would be your best bet tell the courts you dont know where her real father is at if he has not been in contact with you tell the courts that the last place you know where he was at was jail i would check into it
marijj1013

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't his name on the birth certificate enough to prove that he has taken over the rights of being a father to my daughter?
myzima2000

State or Province: South Carolina

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know you can check into that ask a lawyor about it but i dont think so becuase he is not her biological father but you never know i would check in to that
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: