An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Custody questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Granite

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Custody questions Reply with quote

I am new here and just at the beginning of a child custody fight. I have been divorced two years and have four children. My XH left me at three months pregnant with the fourth child for a 20 year old. We live in Wisconsin and have joint custody, but I have primary placement 80/20 at his request.

His girlfriend is now his fiancee, she is 23 and out of college, and they just bought a house together. They are over their heads in debt and now want the kids 50/50. I am against this for many reasons but escpecially since my XH is an alcoholic. He currently claims to be sober, but has done this many times before. His fiancee is very controlling. I see this as a blatant attempt to reduce child support as he now has someone to care for the kids.

My kids have done very well after the divorce. My marriage had become very rocky due to the drinking problems so the divorce has provided everyone a sense of peace. The kids are all stable, doing well in school, and involved in many activites. I see no reason to disrupt this.

Does anyone have any ideas how I should proceed? We have to start with court mandated mediation, but I really see nothing to mediate.

Thanks!

K
barbara

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Granite
Of course there is nothing to mediate, but the Family court's in Wisconsin are so corrupt they thrive on this type of battle. Wisconsin is known as a Parent Alienation Syndrome State which accuse's mother's of turning the child against the father. I wish I could give you hope that you will win this battle, but I have a feeling you won't. I also live in Wisconsin and have had contact with one other mother who has lost custody of her child to the abusive father. I forgot to include my Granddaughter whom now has to live with her violent, abusive father. I am trying to get as many women as possible together so we can get a battle plan together to bring media attention to what is happening in our Family Courts. These children are living their worst nightmare! My 5 year old granddaughter has just realized her nightmare is not going to end. She is speaking of the abuse and so far we can not get any one to do anything about it. I would like to hear from you.
Barbara Fargen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: