An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

need some advice please..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Support Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hannah06

State or Province: Other

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: need some advice please.. Reply with quote

hello,

i need some advice as i have a son of 8 months, and i am not with the father, but i need him to pay for things etc, i have asked him but doesnt seem bothered, and he is on my sons birth certificate which means that it is illegal if he refuses to pay anything right? well i went onto the child support website but wasnt very helpful (i also found this website on there Smile) how do i get in contact with the right people etc. and would the money get back dated from when my son was born?and would any one have a rough idea of how much i would get off him?
i think thats all i need to know for now.

Thank you in advance Smile
Hannah
myblueangels

State or Province: Kansas

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got my child support order...........here is what I did.........i did not have the money to retain a lawyer, so I went to my local SRS office where they have a Child Support Enforcement center...........i signed up with them and they handled the case for me. I did not have to pay anything, but I did have to agree that the Payment Center would handle my payment with 4% coming out of the order. They also were able to tell me my rights.

As for back support, my case was handled in Santa Clara California, even though i am in Kansas, so you would have to check with your local agency, but my back support started once he was served the papers, if the DNA test confirmed he was the father, he would owe whatever the support is, from that month on.

AS for the amount you will get, it depends on what he makes. Each state is different, they take cost of living and stuff, whether he is married and has any other children to support.

Hope this helped
hannah06

State or Province: Other

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you, yes this did help. i will go down to the child support agency asap!

Hannah Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Support Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: