An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What are a mothers rights?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Sole Custody
View previous topic :: View next topic  
motherindistress

State or Province: Not Applicable

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: What are a mothers rights? Reply with quote

Ive not heard off my Sons blood father since 04. Ive had no money off him since before that and my son doesnt know who this man is. Ive a partner who my son believes is his real dad. After all he reads the bed time stories, he buys his clothes and is there when tears fall.

I received a letter off my my ex's solicitor telling me he is applying for Parental Responsibility and wants too see my son every sat from 10am to 6pm. My son doesnt even know who this man is. Can he just decide over night that he wants to be a part of his life? We are happy and I dont want my ex to rock the boat. Can I stop him from ever seeing my son????? We dont need him, never have an never will. Please help.
Sterling

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, he can decide to come into his child's life, but just because he is asking for a lot of stuff doesn't mean he is going to get it. Chances are he will have minimal visitation, possibly supervised for a while until he gets to know your son.

Do you have a lawyer?
motherindistress

State or Province: Not Applicable

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

Thanx for replying. Yes Ive a solicitor whom I say only the other day. Ive been informed that regardsless of how un-reliable he has been before the courts will award him some sort of contact. But like you say this will not be done as he has asked for but what fits in with my sons life. ie every other weekend at a contact centre. I feel a little better, but would be even happier if this guy dissappeared!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Sole Custody All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: