An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sometimes father threatening to sign parental rights over

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Moms with Custody
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tiger

State or Province: Tennessee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: sometimes father threatening to sign parental rights over Reply with quote

Okay, this is a fun one...my daughter's father who rarely sees her (his current wife #6) spends all the time with her when she does go to visit them because he won't. He already signed away parental rights to one child when the child was 6..(my daughter is now eight years old) He's very upset that I won't let my daughter go with him to visit his son (from his 1st wife) in prison (for meth manufacturing). Anyway, he threatens me with different things and now yesterday, he said that he'll just sign parental rights over because I keep calling her my child and she's obviously not his...
He's behind on child support and court has sent him to jail once already...btw...DNA proved he was the father.
I'm so done with the constant threats that I can't enjoy my life anymore...I'm a taking anti-anxiety med now because of him. Does anyone know if he can sign over rights? I would love it..he's not a good example to my daughter and her life and mine would be soooo much easier. I have full custody by the way.....
Thanks
Mickeymouse5472

State or Province: Utah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They only way he can sign over custody rights over is if your married for over a year and your husband is willing to adopt the child.
(BUT)
If this child was born out of wedlock and there is no court order for visitaion or custody you do not have to let the father see the child. Until there is a court order for visitaion. If there is a court order and he is does not take the child for his visit. You can have vistion/cusody modified to a lesser amout, and even have it so if the father is over 15 -20 mins late with out notificaion that he will be late then he forfeits the visition and you would not be obligated to let him have the child after the 15 - 20 mins.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Moms with Custody All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: