An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

no where to turn

Post new topic   Reply to topic Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message

Joined: 29 Apr 2007
Posts: 2
State or Province: Connecticut

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: no where to turn Reply with quote

I lost custody to my daughter last year. And it seems like a losing battle trying to get er back. But Iím not about to give up. When I went to court and explained to the judge that my x is a alcoholic and smoked around his daughter. (She has asthma) also walked around nude. They decided to give him the custody. They felt I was an angry mother. I only get to see her every other weekend.
I just found that his girl friend had reported him to ACS back in January because of his drinking and inviting his daughter into bed with him. WELL ACS felt that this was not enough information to remove my daughter and felt that the girlfriend was just upset. In January he had hit the girlfriend because she was trying to pull my daughter out of the room because he wanted to sleep with her. ACS comes over and made out the report that the girlfriend hit my daughter and now she has a child abuse charges. My daughter never said that she hit her.
The girlfriend never knew why I took my x to court until she found the paper work 3 weeks ago. She was shocked. Anyway, ACS has asked her to move out of the house and the father was cleared of all charges. We need help and where to go with this and who to write to. This is insane. My daughter is a total mess. The laws in NY suck and ACS donít care. I donít understand what father invites a 9 year old to their bed at night. My daughter is not a small 9 year old. To top it off, heís a social worker. And works with small children. One thing that ACS said that it seems that he has a drinking problem but itís not a crime.
I ready to fight but where? Who to call? Where do I write letters. My daugter is now in a house with a drunk alone.

Please e-mail at

thank you
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 77
State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come to my site I have attached and there is a few there who can help you and guide you to what you need to do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1


Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
©Copyright 1998 to 2016  |   Legal  |   About Us  |   Contact Us  |   Become a Member: Join Now or Login