An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Contempt Charges for Parental Alienation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kjmteach45

State or Province: Ohio

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Contempt Charges for Parental Alienation Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this site and I really need some advice. I've been frantically searching the web for info. about fathers falsely accusing mothers of parental alienation. My ex. has filed contempt charges against me because my 17 year old daughter won't visit him. I also have a 14 year old that regularly visits him. He is trying to take the 14 year old off of me. There is absolutlely no alienation going on. The fact is that the ex. rarely ever took any visitation while we were separated and then got married behind my children's backs without ever even introducing his wife to the girls before he married. All four of my children (two are emancipated) were angry with him but gradually came around. The 17 year old has refused to have anything to do with him since the marriage. I have always encouraged her to visit her father and have started taking her to counseling.
Whenever I search the web, all I ever find are articles about poor fathers whose ex-wives are alienating their children against them. This is not the case here!! I would greatly appreciate any help from those who have been through this.

kjmeach45
Sterling

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, your ex is trying to get you held in contempt of denying visitation for a 17 year old? Please, lol! I could see if the child was 7, but 17 isn't going to but it in court. It is really hard to enforce a child of 17 to go visit the NCP's house and the judge will know this.

Don't worry about a thing, but make sure you have a good lawyer. Make sure you tell the judge you made the child available, but he wouldn't go.
kjmteach45

State or Province: Ohio

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. I have created a chart to present to the lawyers outlining the amounts of overnight visitation my ex. has taken since we separated with the 14 year old. I calculated the % of overnighters and believe it or not, he only took 22.3% of his allowed overnight visitation during 2006. He is claiming that "he just wants more time with his daughter." Heck, he could take the other 67.7% of his allowed visitation and I think he would see a substantial increase in the amount of time he sees his daughter. The bottom line is he just wants to get out of paying child support and cause me grief!!

Kim
Sterling

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds good Kim! I think you are in good hands!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: