An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Joint Custody - North Carolina

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Joint Custody
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smadmin
Site Admin

State or Province: SM Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Joint Custody - North Carolina Reply with quote

Source - http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/gascripts/Statutes/StatutesTOC.pl

50‑13.2. Who entitled to custody; terms of custody; visitation rights of grandparents; taking child out of State.

(a) An order for custody of a minor child entered pursuant to this section shall award the custody of such child to such person, agency, organization or institution as will best promote the interest and welfare of the child. In making the determination, the court shall consider all relevant factors including acts of domestic violence between the parties, the safety of the child, and the safety of either party from domestic violence by the other party and shall make findings accordingly. An order for custody must include findings of fact which support the determination of what is in the best interest of the child. Between the mother and father, whether natural or adoptive, no presumption shall apply as to who will better promote the interest and welfare of the child. Joint custody to the parents shall be considered upon the request of either parent.
mary southard

State or Province: North Carolina

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Joint legal custody Reply with quote

I am writing about joint legal custody. Is that close to the same thing as joint custody? My son lives in PA with his father. The father has primary custody. This all took place 2002-2003 in PA. I want to know that if another custody hearing comes up will I be able to get primary custody with my child if I am working at home. I have some bad things that happen while my son lived with his father, record wise.
I cant get my visitation rights, phone calls or anything. I am wondering what can I do. My son was here in Carolina to visit grandparents and they didnt even tell me I just happen to call and find out. Mothers instinct.
I took the police down there to see him and the stepgrandfather called everyone to come home and mad a big scene. I did get to see my son and did get to talk with him while the police was there.
I want to know what are my rights.
Also the father has been lying on the documents that he has been giving to the court system. Also has lied on the papers to get a divorce which was filed in the same state PA.
I have proof of all of it. I plan to take that will me also. I want to clear my name and let the judge know that I didnt do the things that my son and my husband has said about me to be a lie. This has got to stop. I can petition the court for contempt but I dont want to drag my child through all this because the father is crazy. He is using my son as a pawn and it is time for me to check mate.
Any advice you can give me I will be checking it out. thanks. Lonely here in Carolina without my son.
God Bless You.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Joint Custody All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: