An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lost

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Joint Custody
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lizzie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Lost Reply with quote

Sometimes I have the urge to take my kids to their father, who has not seen them for two years, and just walk away forever. It's not them, they are truly great. I feel overwhelmed with depression. It's now gotten to the point where i am researching this on the internet. I know my thoughts are not normal, and I don't understand it. I think they could be better raised by someone else, who does not wallow in depression every day. I also feel I could finally do whatever I want. It is a horrid selfish thought, and I want to know if anyone else feels like this, or what to do about it.
Lizzie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know what to do about it but I to all the time feel like that. I feel I could just dump him to his gradparents and be done with it. I think we need to gain controll over our lives and get back our self confidence. I dont know its just a thought.
Shari Smith

State or Province: New Jersey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you realize what you are saying. You have all the reason to be happy. You have that little person(s) in your life. Children are great at lifting depression and they wont let you have too much time for feeling sad. Look through their eyes and the world will change for you. It did for me, also remember to take it one minute and then one day at a time.
FamFreedom

State or Province: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Shari. You have kids in your life. Do you know how many mothers out there are infertile and can't have kids.

Please don't leave your kids with your husband indefinitely b/c as many have seen....the father gets attached to them and then will not let them go...before you know it you will be going through a custody battle for them.

Count your blessings he is not around.
jean

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Get HELP!!!!! Please! Reply with quote

Lizzie!

Sweetheart! If you love your little one (s), please go talk to someone about how you feel and if it is nessary, then please get on medication, at least temporarily, until you are feeling like yourself again! There is nothing wrong with seeking help and taking anti-depression medication. As a matter of fact, you owe it to your little one (s) and to yourself to do so QUICKLY! There is no need to "drop them off" for someone to take care of. It just sounds like you need to reach out to a best friend or family member for the interum and get some "Lizzie Time" to regroup and just please go talk to a Dr. about what type of medication would work for you! Do not let this stop you if you do not have insurance! There are several programs where you live to get you through this!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Joint Custody All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: