An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In need of help with Information on " Father's Right's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Momma2701

State or Province: Massachusetts

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: In need of help with Information on " Father's Right's Reply with quote

Hello All,

Hopefully I am doing this correctly.. I am a single mother of a 6 year old, living in Mass currently, wondering what or if the "father" of my child has any right's ? He is not currently paying child support and was just a "boyfriend" (we were never married) things went wrong as they tend to, after 8 years and I am now engaged to someone that lives out of state.. Does he have any right's towards not allowing me to move, even though he has nothing to do with his child now, seeing that we only live about 20 minutes from him ??
I have search all over the internet and have found many "Father's Right's" sites but, none actually tell one if or what they have right's to..
momaj

State or Province: Virginia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Father's rights will say that a 'father' should have access to the child whenever and at what ever point they want, should they suddenly so chose. Doesn't matter what kind of dad they were. I would check with an atty. If he is like my husband, he won't take much interest in the child until you file for custody. If he is a regular 'I don't want to mess with kids no matter what' kind of guy then you should be ok. Ask yourself what kind of guy he is and seek counsel to cover your tushy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: