An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Desparate and in need of guidance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodiecasteel

State or Province: Ohio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject: Desparate and in need of guidance Reply with quote

August 17 was the worst day of my life. My ex husband and I went to court to finalize a 3 year long custody dispute. We have been doing shared parenting for 3 years and living 40 miles away. My oldest daughter is starting kindergarten this year, so a decision had to be made as to where they were going to live. Some history is, I left my ex husband 3 years ago because he was abusive towards me, physically, emotionally and verbally, was arrested for domestic violence when I was pregnant with my youngest daughter and was a control freak who lied. I moved out of his hometown to go back to my hometown. We had agreed on a dissolution and had everythign worked out; custody, bills, house, etc. The SOB then went behind my back and filed for divorce and was granted temporary custody. We went to court for an "emergency cusotdy hearing" (my girls were 1 and 3!!!) The judge (from his town) arranged "shared parenting". We had a guardian ad litem come in later and suggest to continue shared parenting and modified the schedule.

On AUgust 17, we went back to court, in his town because that is where jurisdiction is and went to trial. After a day long ordeal, the judge gave his ruling "The mother would better facilitate visitations, the childrens best interest would be served with their mother BUT they were born and brought home to be raised in this town so they are going to stay here!"

My life has been completely taken away from me. My daughters who are now 4 and 6, have been ripped away from their mother. I might add that I am re-married to a wonderful man and I am 6 months pregnant. My docter had worte me off work because I haven't been able to handle the stress of this situation. And now I know I have means to appeal and plan on fighting 100%. Mother who are prostitutes, sell drugs while their children are in the home, who abuse their children get more rights than I do. Is there anyone out their who can help me or send me in the right direction because I was dealt a raw "good 'ole boy deal"?????
Sterling

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want your kids back move back to where they live and refile asking the judge to give you the kids back. That is all you can do, and get a good lawyer. As a mother myself I'd do anything to get my kids back so I'd move anywhere to make that happen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: