An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Father of son has gone from amicable to ugly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Custodial Mothering Today
View previous topic :: View next topic  
camshortysmom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Father of son has gone from amicable to ugly Reply with quote

Ok so my sons father and i use to have a decent working relationship...mostly because i bit my tongue on the lack of involvement he chooses to take in his sons life..while proclaiming to be a great dad who loves him so much. He is perfectly content with having no contact than every other weekend..no phone calls no visits when he is actually in town...nothing. And, on those every other weekend visits...i am responsible (his decision) to drive my son half way (30 mins) to his father and drive the distance again on sunday to pick him up. After his father decided to get ugly i decided to stop biting my tongue. I would love to have a formal arrangement and have the courts decide everything, however i cant afford an attourney.
IS it unreasonable to request he be responsible for picking his son up and bringing him back.??
anna

State or Province: Indiana

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: visitation Reply with quote

Trying calling the court house for help. I went through one state court to sue for child support from another state. But since there was already a order of visitation I did not have to worry about that . But, I think they will take care of that or give you information where to go for free help.
mom23kidz1

State or Province: Mississippi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

depends who moved?
If you moved from the town where you lived when you were married you are responsible if not he is at least that was the case with my X moving 3 hours away he drives 3 hours here to pick my DD up and 3 to get back to his home and does it all again on Sunday I LOVE IT Smile he tried to have me meet half way but i told the judge that that wasnt fair I did not move and thats when he told me it was what ever spouse moved away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Custodial Mothering Today All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: