An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

step mom overstepping her boundries ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Custodial Mothering Today
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hamumlo

State or Province: Rhode Island

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: step mom overstepping her boundries ... Reply with quote

Hello All -

I have a 10 year old girl that lives with me (and step dad) everyother week and her dad and step mom on alternate weeks. My daughter has recently shown very minor changes in her body which she will readily talk to me about. I have read, and believe, that the time to purchase a training bra for a little girl is when she gives you "the sign". !ell, her step mom sent me an email this morning letting me know that she got her training bras and deodorant. I am beside myself that she took that special mother-daughter moment away AND that she approached her instead of my daughter coming to her. (which honestly she'd never do) I'm extremely angry and disappointed. I'd like some input! Thanks ladies.
Sterling

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I so understand how you feel and SM overstepped her bounds completely, thing is she doesn't know it. Does she have kids herself? If not than she is clueless. My son has an overstepping SM and does the same type of thing, but with my son. if I had a girl I think it would be worse.

You want my advice? Call your ex and tell him how you feel. Just be honest. Don't sound like a bitter mom. Just say as the mother you want to do these things with your dd and have those experiences with her and that what Sm did was take away from that for you. Ask him to help you with this. He is the person you have to coparent with so take it up with him.

If he ignores your feelings remind him that you would never do something like that. Come up with an example of something that could offend him if step dad did it over him. Ask him how'd he feel.

Than if all that doesn't work than I'd simply give Sm a call and nicely tell her in the future that all motherly things like that you would appreciate she not getting involved in and tell her how you feel. Ask her to put herself in your shoes.

If that doesn't work you will just have to accept it and try not to let it get to you anymore. Hopefully it will work out and SM will understand she shouldn't be doing things like that.
hamumlo

State or Province: Rhode Island

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

so much for your response
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Custodial Mothering Today All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: