An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New news

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Stepfamily Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lynnmotherof two

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: New news Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I have a question here and need help. My new husband has been talking to his friends at work and one of them told him that it takes a really long time and alot of money to adopt a step child. This even with the bio father signing papers stating that he doesn't want his parental rights any longer. Need help and advice.

Also if possible could someone help me understand this also. The courts here say that if the child is abondened and the noncustodial parent doesn't provide them with the basics nesseciaties like clothing diapers food and shelter. then the custodial parent can have a hearing to terminate the noncustodial parents rights . I just would like to know of anyone who has had this happen or simialar situation to explain.
concernedstep

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it does take alot of money regardless of the costody rights the father has. there are numerous filing fees .. attorney fees.. court cost..

my only suggestion is to talk to a few lawyers in your town and see if you can make payment arrangements with the case .. " shop around " for the cheapest one too !
lynnmotherof two

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanks. I found a lawyer and have great advice. I found out that if I go through a lawyer I can see if the lawyer will tell him either I want all the child support the ex owes or he can sign over all his rights to me. I don't know but the person who told me this says that the lawyer will wipe the floor with my ex. Just need to get in touch with the lawyer now thanks though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Stepfamily Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: