An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Single mother - should I contact paternal Grandparents

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Mothers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ksk7070

State or Province: New Jersey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Single mother - should I contact paternal Grandparents Reply with quote

I am a single mother of a 2 and 1/2 year old boy. His father has never met him and doesn't want to be involved in his life, although he does pay the court mandated child support. I am pretty sure he has never told any of his relatives about me and my son. I feel bad that my son will never know his relatives on that side of the family. Is anyone else in this situation? Should I try to find his paternal grandparents and see if they want to be a part of his life?
NannyM

State or Province: Maryland

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First I would find out who they are and what type of people they are. If they are decent people, then I would say absolutely introduce them. Your son needs to know he has another side of family he can count on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Mothers All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: