An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advice Please!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Custodial Mothering Today
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CalsMom

State or Province: Tennessee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Advice Please! Reply with quote

I am a single mother of a 16 month old girl. I live with my mother so that I can finish college and stay home with my baby. Her father pays child support and visits her three times weekly for a couple of hours. We do not have anything set up through the court system. I have tried to deal with my emotions and feelings with him privately and without effected my daughter, but when he gets angry about silly things( like why I didn't put her in the shoes his mom bought) he threatens to go to court and get joint custody. My whole day gets torn apart because I start to wonder what possibility this could hold. He complains because she has my last name and is still nursing a little bit. He complains about everything. I almost just want to go to court so he will be quiet everytime he doesn't get his way. Is this a real possibility or is he just threatening? What are the chances he could get joint custody where she spends a week with me and a week with him? Help!
NannyM

State or Province: Maryland

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is always a 50/50 chance he will get joint custody. But a child that young usually does not do the week to week thing. It is usually 3/3/4/4 visitation if it goes to a complete 50/50 physical custody and later a week to week if you are in the same school district.

To start with they will look at the status quo. Who is the primary care giver.

The first step in a custody battle is to document everything. Phone calls, visits,( How often, how long are the visits)What is said back and forth.

Who will make sure the child has visits with both extended families.

You really should have a custody order in place to help stop all this bickering.

The judge will not care what the child is wearing.As long as the child is dressed appropriate for the weather and the clothes are not to small for the child, he can whine all he wants it won't matter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Custodial Mothering Today All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: