An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

custody question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
concerned grandma

State or Province: Minnesota

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject: custody question Reply with quote

My daughter is due in 3 weeks with her first child. The father hasn't had contact with her since she was 3 months pregnant and now my daughter is getting messages on her my space page from the father's girlfriend claiming that they are going to go for full custody of the baby, or at the very least joint custody. His parents are wealthy and can afford an attorney and my daughter was told by the girlfriend that they said they were going to help them. The father already has three boys, two are with the girlfriend. The father has had a issues in court with child protection because he slapped his oldest son who is 5 years old. An the girlfriend mistreats this child because he is not her's, at least this is what he told my daughter in the few months that they were together. Both the girlfriend and the father work, but also receive some public assistance in Missouri to help support their children. My daughter lives with me. She only gets medical assistance right now and I work a weekend shift so I can take care of the baby when my daughter returns to work after having her. Does the father/girlfriend/paternal grandparents have any legal grounds to stand on. I don't know what the best way to handle this is can anyone help?
NannyM

State or Province: Maryland

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: custody question Reply with quote

concerned grandma wrote:
My daughter is due in 3 weeks with her first child. The father hasn't had contact with her since she was 3 months pregnant and now my daughter is getting messages on her my space page from the father's girlfriend claiming that they are going to go for full custody of the baby, or at the very least joint custody.

Save and print all these.

His parents are wealthy and can afford an attorney and my daughter was told by the girlfriend that they said they were going to help them. The father already has three boys, two are with the girlfriend. The father has had a issues in court with child protection because he slapped his oldest son who is 5 years old.

Get the proof of this for the judge. Have it in your hand the day of court.

An the girlfriend mistreats this child because he is not her's, at least this is what he told my daughter in the few months that they were together.

Won't help unless she has physical proof.

Both the girlfriend and the father work, but also receive some public assistance in Missouri to help support their children.

Does not matter to the judge.

My daughter lives with me. She only gets medical assistance right now and I work a weekend shift so I can take care of the baby when my daughter returns to work after having her.

This helps allot.

Does the father/girlfriend/paternal grandparents have any legal grounds to stand on. I don't know what the best way to handle this is can anyone help?

They may get joint but not sole unless they can prove your daughter unfit.Girl friend has no place at all in this battle. neither do any of the grand parents including you for that matter, Except to prove that your children have a support system for the child.
csbluvsdb

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: help Reply with quote

help your daughter and she will have what she needs. support to raise her baby. my mother didn't help me and i ended up giving custody of my oldest son to the fathers parents and they haven't given him back now in 11yrs. it will be hard for you both but they shouldn't take the baby from the mother for no reason.. $ doesn't matter if your a good parent and love the child. as long as you still have custody. it is after you lose it that it is hard to prove your a good parent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: