An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

grandparents have custody and wont give him back ahhh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
csbluvsdb

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: grandparents have custody and wont give him back ahhh Reply with quote

I have a son almost 14 that i gave custody to his fathers parents when he was 3.. I realized i was dumb and tried to get him back right away. They wouldn't hear of it and I had no $ to fight. I fought once but ran out of $ and was unable to finish. so now 11 yrs later he says he wants to live with me but they think they should get to keep him. It hurts so bad the whole thing. I pray and pray and hope that this will somehow be easy for all of us. I dk what to do for sure. we are going to try and start the legal proceedings soon.. any advice oh and his dad is mad and doesn't want me toget custody either and i don't want his $ and i would give him more visitation than he has. i just want my son with me.
NannyM

State or Province: Maryland

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can really tell you is to document everything. How involved are you in your sons life now? What is your visitation? Do you get involved in after school or even in school activities? You may be able to request that the judge speaks privately to your son.
csbluvsdb

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: what i have Reply with quote

i have as we mutally agree.. and thats is it. they let me have him every three weekends. it was every other until his dad came in the picture about 3yrs ago now. so now i share with him. my son homeschools so there isn't any shcool activities to be involved in. i live an hour from him and i have 3 other children. his dad lives 2 hours from him. i write down things and have emails from the grandmother saying she would let him go if this is what he wants.. she is tired of fighting him to do his work.. me and my son have a good relationship and he likes things i like which makes it easier.. he knows he is spoiled and that i can not spoil him and that he would have rules and bounderies here that he doesn't have now. they pretty much let him rule the house. now that his cousins are there they are jealous and get mad bc he gets everything he wants. my son sd to me it is weird living with his grandparents ,aunt, uncle, 3 cousins and cousins twin babies. it was fun for a while but now he has no reason to live there and he realized it for himself. he didn't want to choose between me and his dad but i told him his dad is at work and he'd be with his stepmom and see me on the weekends andnot be able to see his dad that much any ways. so living here and visiting dad more makes sense to both of us.. probably not to dad or grandparents.. but i 'm praying that the will agree with us and let me have my son and my son have his mom..
NannyM

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you gone to court to file for custody? You can do that pro se, you don't need a lawyer for that. If they are not going to fight you on it, that would be your best bet.
csbluvsdb

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: no Reply with quote

i haven't gone to court i don't know if they are going to fight
what is pro se? i'm afraid to not use a lawyer
NannyM

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pro se is where you represent yourself which is what I would do for at least Temp. custody and then work on getting a lawr for the perm. custody fight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: