An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I NEED UR HELP LADIES!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
debbiesharp6

State or Province: Ontario

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: I NEED UR HELP LADIES!!!! Reply with quote

SO I'M A MOTHER OF A SEVEN YEAR OLD BOY WHOLE I LOVE VERY MUCH. HIS DAD AND I BROKE UP WHEN HE WAS ABOUT 1 YEARS OLD WE WERE ENGAGED TO BE MARRIED BUT NEVER MADE IT DOWN THAT ROAD. WHEN WE BROKE UP I TOOK MY SON WITH ME IT WAS A SAD DAY FOR US BUT IT NEEDED TO BE DONE. AFTER A WHILE I STARTED DATING THIS GUY I KNEW FOR YEARS AND EVENUALLLY HE MOVED IN AND WE WERE PLANNING A FAMILY BUT AFTER A FEW YEARS HE STARTED TO SHOW HIS TRUE COLOURS. WELL LAST YEAR AFTER COMING HOME FROM WORK AND PICKING UP MY SON FROM THE BABYSITTER AND GOING HOME. WE GOT INTO AN ARGUMENT AND HE GOT REALLY UPSET SO I WALKED AWAY AND WENT TO PUT MY SON TO BED, I WAS IN MY SONS ROOM AND MY EX CAME IN TO THE ROOM JUST MAD AS EVER AND JUST STARTED HITTING ME AND CHOKING ME IN FRONT OF MY SON AND MY SON SAT THERE ON HIS BED DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. HE WAS SO SCARED MY EX HIT ME SO HARD I ALMOST PASSED OUT IN THE HOUSE BUT I JUST KEPT TELLING MYSELF THAT I HAVE TO GET HIM OUT OF THE HOUSE SO I TOOK HIM AND RAN OUT OF THE HOUSE AND WENT TO MY FRIENDS HOUSE DOWN THE STREET. I ENDED UP AT A HOTEL FOR A FEW DAYS DIDN'T REALLY KNOW WHAT TO DO SO THEN I WENT TO THE POLICE STATION AND FILED A REPORT. SO THEN THE POLICE MEN BROUGHT ME TO A SHELTER IT WAS THE ONLY PLACE I COULD GO. SO I CALLED MY SONS DAD AND ASKED HIM IF HE COULD TAKE HIM FOR A LITTLE WHILE UNTIL I GET THINGS TOGETHER AGAIN AND HE SAID SURE I DIDN'T THINK IT WOULD BE A PROBLEM BECAUSE WE ALWAYS DID WHAT WE THOUGHT WAS BEST FOR OUR SON EVEN THOU WE WERE NOT TOGETHER ANY MORE. WELL AFTER I LEFT THE SHELTER AND GOT A PLACE AND WAS READY TO TAKE MY SON BACK HE SAID NO JUST LEAVE HIM UNTIL HE FINISHES THE SCHOOL YEAR AND THEN TAKE HIM SO I THOUGHT THAT WAS FAIR FOR MY SON. BUT DURING THAT TIME I TRY TO GO SEE MY SON AND HIS DAD WON'T ANSWER THE PHONE OR HE TELLS ME HE'S BUSY HE HAS THINGS TO DO. I WANT MY SON BACK WE HAVE NO LEGAL PAPER WORK SAYING THAT MY SON SHOULD BE WITH HIS DAD SO WHAT DO I DO? I'VE TRIED CALLING LAWYERS TO FIND OUT BUT THEY ARE ALL ABOUT MONEY. DOES ANYONE KNOW? CAN I JUST TAKE HIM BACK NOW THAT I AM SETTLED OR DO I HAVE TO GO TO COURT? I THINK I SHOULD BE ABLE TO TAKE HIM BACK AND IF HIS DAD WANTS TO TAKE ME TO COURT FOR CUSTODY THEN SO BE IT! DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW THAT WOULD WORK? PLEASE LET ME. THANK U ALL SO MUCH.[/b]
Sterling

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your sons father has no legal rights to keep your child. I wouldn't show up to dads to take him since dad won't turn him over. But you have every right to pick your child up and take him back. And dad can't keep you from doing that.

Without a custody order dad doesn't have rights to the child. Dad has to establish paternity through the courts to have rights. So you can go pick up your child anytime, but prepared the school and childcare people don't know you and without some papers of your own that are going to make a stink for you, but in the end a cop will come and they will realize they can't prevent you taking your child.
REllis

State or Province: Missouri

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever you do, don't leave your son with him six months. Your son will establish residency and you will lose him. It happened to me when I deployed to Iraq.

God bless and good luck!
________
Ford TowCommand specifications
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: