An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

do i have full custody?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gesswa

State or Province: Massachusetts

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: do i have full custody? Reply with quote

i was not married to the father, he moved out 2 wks before she was born an does not pay or support my daughter. he just wants to see her when he wants. do i have full custody right now or is it joint?
jacimaeb

State or Province: Oklahoma

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how it is in all states but in Oklahoma if you were not married then you automatically have full custody and if the dad wants any rights at all he would have to fight for them. Does the baby have his last name?
kammy07

State or Province: Florida

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: TEXAS LAWS Reply with quote

In Texas it is the same. You have full custody until you are taken to court. If his name is not on the birth certificate then he can file for a paternity test and if he is proven to be the bio father then he will get rights, but what rights is up to the judge. I have gone through that. I did not give my son his dads last name and the dad was not on the birth certificate, but when proven to be the bio father I was ordered to have my sons last name changed (it is now hyphenated) and he was put on the birh certificate. I faught for his rights taken away. I have primary custody of my son, but the dad did end up getting visitations.
jacimaeb

State or Province: Oklahoma

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You had to change your sons name? How old was he? If you hyphenated it are you able to just use your last name on most things?
We are still fighting over a lot of things here but it seems like the father wants all these rights but does not want any responsibility at all. Mad
kammy07

State or Province: Florida

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep... the courts changed my sons last name. I got the choice of just letting my son take his last name or hyphenating it and i chose to hyphenate it. I use my last name for everything he does. The only time I can not use my last name is on legal government documents. By the time we finally got the final orders put in place my son was 14 months, but it all started less than a month after my son was born. I know exactly how you feel because that is exactly what the father of my son does. When its convenient for him then he will come for visitations. He brings other girls when he comes to pick up my son for visitations because he wants to make me jealous and he said that to my face. He just does this to me because he wants to keep me in his life, but he knows that I dont want him in my life at all. I want him to sign over all rights. He thinks that if he does then he looses the fight, but what he is not caring about is the best interest of my son and the fact that he is screwing up my sons life by making him go through all of this. His mom is the one who wants all rights given to my sons father because she wants to take my son and run and she told me and my family and the doctors at the hospital when my son was born. My son has come home with dirty diapers that you can tell had not been changed in hours. He has come home dosed up on infant tylonal. He smokes around my son which had made my son develope symptoms of asthma now. I had to let him have my son for visitations and I told him that my son had to come home early because he had to get his breathing treatments (nebulizer) to treat his asthma and of course he did not bring him back. When he comes to get my son he brings nothing with him and askes me if I will send extra clothes and diapers and wipes and all that stuff because he "FORGOT IT" but he just didnt want to go spend the money on my son, he was to worried about spending it at bars and partys and all that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: