An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Her father thinks he will take her

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sadinwashington

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Her father thinks he will take her Reply with quote

I want to know what a man is thinking when they walk out on you twice while you are pregnet and goes back to his ex wife and when the baby is close to comming they want the baby to have there last name they want to be in the dilivery room they want there name on the birth certificate but durring the pregnancy he went to 2 dr appointments and never carred about how I was feeling, and wants to take her away from me.
marie107

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honey - don't worry. No judge in his right mind is going to take that baby away from you - it just doesn't happen unless you are addicted to drugs, so put that worry away.

Secondly, it is YOUR decision as to who you want at the delivery, NOT his. And I strongly suggest giving this child your last name, not the dad's. First of all, if he is not present at the birth, then he cannot sign the birth certificate so they will not put his last name anyway. Secondly, it will be much easier for you and your child to share the last name and be a family. Third, why in the hell would you "give" him the joy of having a child named after him when he has done nothing to support this child emotionally or physically through you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: