An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are Mothers still favored

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hotmama0119

State or Province: Illinois

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: NO MOTHERS ARE NO LONGER FAVORED Reply with quote

I lost the custody battle of my children to there father. He made 1000.00 Dollars more than me a year. My son was 3 and my daughter was 3 months at the time and I was breastfeeding and there father walked out with them. I was divorcing him and him and his lawyer played the she is leaving the kids why should she has the kids[/b]
KendraK

State or Province: Illinois

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not really sure.. It probably really depends on the case. Im meeting with my attorney for the first time today. I was never married and my boyfriend is a slacker. He seems to want to do the right thing for the baby but saying and actually holding up to that is one thing.
nynutjob

State or Province: Georgia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in Georgia, it is all about fathers rights. The judges here can be divorced 5 times themselves and still preside over cases that they are completely biased over. And the children under the age of 14 have zero rights. It has even been found that a father can lie (or neglect to inform) on information that would be in the childs best interest in order to get a favorable custody. It's sickening.
shellykaye

State or Province: Indiana

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: Well Reply with quote

I have to tell you I ran from the city I lived in with my husband to the city my parents live in, same state 2 hours away. I got a restraining order, and he filed for divorce asking for custody. He won because I moved the kids without his permission. I worked 2 40 hour a week jobs to support him and he worked 6 hours a week. He has a history of being mentally abusive to me, and the kids don't want to live with him granted my oldest is 14 years old now and can speak to the judge if we wish it but, how can a man with mental history issues (including being hospitalized for suicide attempt) win over a mother who has never had any mental health issues or drug/alcohol issues or be in trouble with the law. I think that it's starting to become a fathers rights thing again.

My only hope is that my kids get to talk to the judge. My ex just got an attorney that is for fathers rights, he has kept the kids from me pretty much except my every other weekend visits, they aren't allowed to phone me or anything. We have joint custody with him having physical custody, it's just so terrible hard to live with I am a mother first and always, and I know they are misserable living with their father, sigh....Now my attorney who was doing most of the work for free, is needing money so I need to try to find like 15,000.00 to pay my attorney since my ex's mommy is paying for him to have a more expensive attorney, and one that will go for the blood.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: