An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need some help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shannontwn

State or Province: North Carolina

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: I need some help Reply with quote

I am a single mom of three kids.(twin 5 year olds and a 3 year old)I left thier father for cheating and hitting me.I had to file for child support and finally got that.He now wants joint custody.He wants one week with him and one week with me.I dont think this is in the best intrest of the children and he disagrees.One of our daughters is in a speech class each week and has some learning disability.I dont think this would be good for her and he says it will.Has anyone heard of child custody that would put the kids one week with me and one week with him.He has more money than i do and i dont know if I could afford a lawyer to fight him on this.I fanyone knows anything that could help I would be very thankful
NannyM

State or Province: Maryland

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No they won't do week on week off with children that young but they will do a 3-3-4-4 situation with them. only because they don't like for the children to go more than 4 days without seeing the other parent.
alabamauk

State or Province: Not Applicable

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my!! I'm from the uk and have been reading some of these harrowing posts!! yours is the one i feel most compeld to respond to!!! firstly!!! your their mother and just the fact you made the post means you have intial doubts about the proposed aggreement. secondly in what way does he think its going to help your children at this stage in their development being shifted about to and froe!! (that typical of a father, men in general are selfish) thirdly (and finally) his income does not compare to a mothers love and consistent care! In no way does it touch on the hugs and hours of comittment. stay strong and never loose sight of your children wellbeing and the love and protection they deserve!! XXX
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you are discribing is called a 50/50 split. Doing a 50/50 split will greatly reduce if not dissolve his support payment to you fully. Yes they will do a one week with each parent. You need to request mediation for you and the father.

Have a mediator try to negoicate with you and your husband. Offer joint legal custody with reasonable visitation of every other weekend from friday through sunday with daddy getting the kids for one evening during the week for dinner till 8 or nine oclock... and him having 2 weeks vacation with the kids each year...

that is an 80/20 split... and is more then reasonable. You also will need to get the speach therapist to maybe state that it would not be in that child's best interest to be transported back and forth from house to house each week... that it would be in the best interest of all the children to have one stable home.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: