An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Babies as pawns?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
milfofthree

State or Province: Missouri

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Babies as pawns?! Reply with quote

Hi, I'm amom of three boys 7, 4, 2years. I just got out of an abusive relationship of 4 years. I have one child with this man. Hes a manipulative man. He controled every aspect of my life. After a short stay at a hospital for depression. I decided he was the reason for my depression and decided to end the relationship. I then returned to my home to pick up my child. he refused me any contact with my son. Were not married and he's not on the birth certificate and no custody has been established. The police were called. Since I didn't have any papers saying he doent have custody the said as long as hes holding the child he has rights to him. I was left helpless and frantic. After all I've raised this baby for 2 years with his help off and on. I finaly gave up and retreated to my mom's car to cry at the loss of my baby. He then called afriend to pick him up. Since the car he drove daily didn't have leagal tags or insurance. He then flaunted the child in front of me and all that was watching. The police then saw threw his game. He had no desire for the baby, just the control he had when he had him. They ran his name and his wasarrested on multiple warrents for a probation violation. The officers then told him he couldn't keep me out of the home or my belongings. Later that afternoon when he bonded out he filed for a restraining order so I couldn't have access to the home . He also is trying to take custody of my son.
NannyM

State or Province: Maryland

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have the child now?
michelledawn02

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If hes not on the birth cirtificate and you havent signed an acknowledgement of paternity or he hasnt gotten a DNA test to prove he is the father then he has no rights to the child. However if he has proven he is the father then you need to get a lawyer and file for sole custody. Tell anyone who will listen why you are afraid of him or why you dont want him to have custody of your son and keep a journal of everything that is going on, what he says to you, how he treats your son, visits or missed visits, basically anything and everything pertaining to him or your son. The court might first want you to go to mediation to try and work it out if there is no standing custody agreement, to try and reach an agreement between yourselves but if that doesnt work then it sounds like you have a good case with his criminal record and his record of abuse. Just dont exagerate or make anything up judges hate that you have to have proof of everything. And make sure you are seeing a counselor or you go see a doctor so they can say you are mentally stable incase he tries to use that against you. Basically for him to take your son away from you he has to prove that he can provide a better life for him then you can and the courts concerns are the "health, safety, and welfare" of a child. I know that was alot but I have been through all of this with my brother. Good luck to you!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: