An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mother's Rights Groups in Alabama?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Custodial Mothering Today
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mom of one

State or Province: Alabama

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Mother's Rights Groups in Alabama? Reply with quote

I live in Alabama and was wondering if anyone knew of any Mother's Rights groups in Alabama? The Father's Rights groups are constantly picketing at the courthouses and so far, they have been successful in getting 2 major litigation efforts passed into law. Our Standard Visitation schedule has just been changed to be a lot more time. I do think both parents are important but I also see the hardship it places on the child. My little one is having to leave a program she has been involved in for years as her dad will not take her and his new visitation schedule includes this night. He didn't care how it affected her, just that he beat me in court. I love my daughter, very much but what can you do to prove to a Judge that mid-week overnight visits are hard on kids. We have male Judges presiding, one of them was known as the "Father's Advocate" when he was just an attorney, now he is getting things passed that further's Father's Rights and mom's are more and more losing out. I am afraid 50/50 physical custody is on its way and that would be devastating.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Custodial Mothering Today All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: