An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mothers rights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beckytn01

State or Province: Tennessee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Mothers rights Reply with quote

I am a mother of 2 , i have custody of my daughter 13 my son is w/ his father I have gone thru rehab over 3 years clean i lost my daughter and son i now have my daughter back a year Jan, I have been denied my rights to see my son his father just don't want me w/ our son, he has remarried we have a court date set but for now his father is working out of state and our son is staying w/ his step mom when he should be w/ me if not w/ his father, I have done every thing to get my life together, the bad thing is his father is the one who interduced me to drugs but he never got cought i need my son and my son needs me and his father and my daughter and son need eachother they also have been seperated. Just need someone to talk to. Thanks so much
kirbyart

State or Province: Oklahoma

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should mention that in court. Don't make it look like you're passing blame, but rather that there's a shared responsibility, and that you'd want to make sure that both of you stay clean and that your kid maintains a loving, healthy relationship with you, as fighting parents damages a person's emotional growth.
Mom of one

State or Province: Alabama

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Mother's Rights Reply with quote

I agree with the last reply, you should share the responsibility. Judges like it when you say, "Hey, I messed up but I have gotten better now and I am ready to be a part of my child's life". Stay clean, your kids need their mom and they need to see you clean. Be a good example, we all make mistakes, just keep going down the right path. Unless the court's say you cannot see your son, your ex has no right in keeping you from your son. Just keep doing the right thing and the right things will happen. Keep good notes, write down how often you asked to see your son and how often you were denied access. Don't be ugly, they could be recording you, just be patient and make your case. The Judge will hear you. Our legal system is so tainted and Dad's are making a lot of ground but keep clean, keep a job and be a good mom and you will get your chance with your son. Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: