An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My daughters dad is threatening to take custody of her

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Moms with Custody
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kysmom

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: My daughters dad is threatening to take custody of her Reply with quote

Hello all, Dallas,TX here. Ok so my boyfriend and I recently broke up and he is now declaring that our daugther will be better off living with him than with me, saying that he can provide a better, more stable life for her. Yes, he makes much more money than I do, but I'm not exactly on welfare and living off of the government.(No offense) When I got pregnant and I told him he said he didn't want another child from another woman(He has an older child from his previous long term relationship) and he didn't want to be with me any longer and he advised me to get an abortion. I couldn't do that, so I made the decision to have her without his support. Well we ended staying together and here we are 4 years later finally separating. Since having her and being with him, my life has not been the best. I got into serious debt because the agreeement we made was that we would live together and he would pay the mortgage and I would be in charge of the other bills(water,electric,cable etc) He makes 10x the money I do and I could hardly keep up with day day cost of living with him. He says now because he is in a better position to be a better parent because he makes more money that I do and that I could not give her what she needs, not like he can. And that I can only provide her the very minimum of what she deserves. My question, even though my money and my resources are not that of a wealthy person, does he actually have something he can go to court with and get custody of her? Also, he is currently on back child support for his older child and he owes quite a bit of money to his ex for child support and does that factor in as well? From the day I told him I was pregnant, I never wanted a single cent from him, but now I'm afraid he's trying to get custody of her so he won't have to anything to us. To be honest, I don't need or want his money, I can take care of her and myself, by myself, I just don't want to lose my daughter. Please, any advise is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Moms with Custody All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: