An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hiding mom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Family Law Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
newmommy33

State or Province: Washington

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Hiding mom Reply with quote

I left my abusive ex when I was pregnant and got a restraining order on him and moved to a different state. If he tries to get custody of my baby, how can I make sure he has nothing to do with either one of us? I refuse to take any money from him for support. I do not want anything to do with this person at all. I am not putting him on the birth certificate either. He drinks alot and does drugs but I have no proof of that and also has an anger issue. I would have got an abortion but I dont believe in killing babies. Im scared, tired of running and hiding from this guy. I am clean and sober and have nothing to do with his kind of lifestyle. I think he is disgusting. I refuse to have my baby involved in anyway for fear of her getting into his drugs. I am unsure of what I can do to protect my unborn baby from this horrible lifestyle she may have to participate in. I will even change my name and everything if I have to. Any legal advice or suggestions?
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, if you are still pregnant... and have moved to a different state... the state the child is born is is the child's state of residence. He would need to sue for paternal rights through your state. Second, if you do not put him on the birth certificate then he has no rights to your child until he has sued for paternity. So unless you take him to court for support, or try to contact him in any way to let him know that you had the baby or whatever... he won't know anything about the baby's birth, or your where abouts.

Just to let you know... if he persues it in court... if he ever finds you, a court will allow him to see his child.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Family Law Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: