An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Not sure what to do

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Mothers and Children's Rights Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JRHunt18

State or Province: Michigan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Not sure what to do Reply with quote

I haven't had any issues until now with my kids dad. I don't want him to see her anymore because he is having some serious mental problems and needs help. When he does finally get help I have no problem with him seeing her. We don't have a court order for custody and I am trying to figure out what I should do. I don't know if he would fight it if I filed for sole custody I don't think he would but am not really sure. I also don't want him to get any sort of custody. I am not sure if I should file and take the chance or just see if he does it. I also want to do what will be best in the long run which I am not sure what is. Please if anyone has any advise that would be wonderful

Jess
Aine O'Brocken

State or Province: Washington

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Justice system? Reply with quote

Literally all of the women I work with who have tried to handle a situation like this through the courts have had tragic experiences.

I don't trust the American "justice system" when it comes to custody issues. For example? My online friend Lynda--whose little daughter was court-ordered into the custody of an HIV positive father who was incesting the little girl.

Nuff said?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Mothers and Children's Rights Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: