An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Daughter doesn't want to go with father

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Family Law Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladyz

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Daughter doesn't want to go with father Reply with quote

My daughter is 8 years old. Her father lives in Alabama with his new wife by now. I live in Texas. My daughter had gone in the summer for his visitation. My daughter came back sooner and she told me she doesn't want to go anymore. I told her if that is her choice that she doesn't want to go then she shouldn't. I always tell her that it is up to her. I did tell her that she would need to tell her father. She will not tell him cause he scares her. I had to get my cell phone changed. My ex husband was calling and leaving nasty messages. His sister that also lives in Alabama left them too. I living with my mother until I can get back on my feet. He has not even bothered to visit our daughter once a month for his visit. Right know my ex and I are not in speaking terms. He sent me a letter that he will be in town for Thansgiving and demanding an hour with her. Also that he will have his visitations for Christmas. I asked my daughter if she wanted to go she said no. I don't know what I should do? She did mentioned to me that her dad's girl at the time yelled at her and a few other things that happened. Nothing real bad. He said on the letter that if he doesn't see our daughter he will go through some other way and it will cost. I'm not worried much cause he does have out standing warrents out for his arrest. I can just tell him just to try it. But my concern is I don't want to be going around town just watching over my shoulders all the time. Can I just get a fianacial aid lawyer and let my daughter decide if she wants to go or not. Does she have a voice to speak her opinon on what she wants. Can she tell a judge too? Please help.
christie

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel your frustration. We as mothers trust our gut instincts. We are encouraged to let our children make choices on their own at times as it helps their self esteem, etc. However, mediators and family counselors are adoment about NOT allowing the children to voice their opinion regarding if they go to Dads or not. I say trust your wise-self....if you strongly feel that your daughter is not safe,is being neglected, or being abused in any way, you do not insist that she go. If you feel that she just "doesn't like it there becasue it's boring", or something harmless like that then I would talk to her and encourage her to visit with her father. I don;t know what his warrants are all about, but they may be the Ace in your pocket someday, so hold on to those for now! Also, maybe the one hour deal on Thanksgiving isn't such a bad thing, afterall it is only one hour. Maybe short, frequent visits will be the best way for your daughter to establish a healthy relationship with him. I dunno...hope it helps.
sweet360

State or Province: Wisconsin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can a judge force me to make my kids go see there father if they dont want to.one is 13 years old and the other is 14 years old.dont pay childsupport when i do i quites his job right when he notices there taking out his check.has not been involved with them is only coming into there lives just because his girlfriend had a little girl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Family Law Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: